Christmas Eve Eve Roll Call

Decolady
on 12/22/10 9:17 pm - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Merry Christmas Liz and PA!!

Enjoy this holiday with Mia, such a special time.

After work today I am heading straight to Wegman's to get all the fish I need for the Seven Fish Stew I am making tomorrow.  I will also be making crab cakes and some chicken parm for my son's non-Italian girlfriend who doesn't like fish.  The stew is very WLS friendly so I will be fine.  No big desserts in the house except for some SF cookies.

Wishing everyone, whether you are celebrating Christmas or not, a wonderful holiday weekend filled with joy, love and peace. 

Buon Natale,

Deb 
Nicole0216
on 12/22/10 11:31 pm - Lancaster, PA
recipe??? for the fish stew?
Decolady
on 12/23/10 1:54 am - Bethlehem Twp., PA
Seven Fishes Christmas Eve Stew

2 tbl olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 - 28 oz can Italian plum tomatoes
2 - 8 oz bottles clam juice
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
2 dozen littleneck clams
1 dozen mussels
3/4 lb large shrimp
1/2 lb sea scallops
1/2 lb cleaned squid
1/4 lb flounder
1/4 lb cod

About 1-1/2 hours before serving:

1.  In 8-quart Dutch oven over medium heat, in hot olive oil, cook garli****il tender but not browned.  Stir in tomatoes with their liquid, clam juice, parsley flakes, basil leaves, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.  Over high heat, heat to boiling.  Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2.  Meanwhile,with stiff brush, scrub clams and mussels under running cold water to remove any sand.  Discard any that do not close tight.  Remove beards from mussels.  Shell and devein shrimp; rinse with cold water.  Rinse scallops in cold water to remove any sand.  Cut squid crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices.  Cut flounder and cod into 1 inch chunks.

3.  After sauce has simmered for 30 minutes, add clams and mussels to Dutch oven.  Over medium-high heat, cook, covered, until shells just begin to open, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.  Stir in shrimp, scallops, squid, flounder and cod.  Over medium-high heat, heat to boiling.  Cook 1 minute or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork and shrimp and scallops are opaque throughout.

4.  Serve in large soup bowls with crusty Italian bread. 
bvohl
on 12/22/10 9:50 pm
Good Morning Liz and PA!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Merry Christmas to all that celebrate! Happy Holidays and a Happy, Healthy New Year!!

Today is wor****il 1pm. Then need to go to the market to pick up more baking supplies and such. If I have time I am going to try to go to Fashion Bug to see if I can find more long sleeve warm shirts! I am wearing a fleece shirt now and it is SO comfy!!!!! Baking, FB time and relaxing with the family....

Tomorrow, I am going to take Dee to the National Jewish Museum for the "Being Jewish at Christmas". Any of the jew crew want to join us, let me know! It begins at 10am then goes til 2pm. It is $12 admission, kids under 12 are free. They also have a special for parking. Just bring a kosher, non-perishable item for the local food bank. Arlene said she was volunteering there!! Then tomorrow night, we are going to my friends for Chinese food and fun..

Be safe and enjoy!!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/10 10:01 pm
Merry Christmas All,

Today is my last day of work till 2011! WOOOO!!!

Yesterday I left early went to finish shopping but somehow the one gift I went for nevr got rung up so I need to run back to Kohl's once sprung from work then getting my hair done finally. It is getting too long for me right now. 

Tonight I will food shop for Christmas dinner then I must wrap everything. I see many gift bags happening this year. Or else I need to find a helper elf for the night. Anyone???

Tomorrow I will get up do a few things around my house then head to Kim's to help her grt ready for Christmas Eve events. Nothing to do join us. Like how I invite people to her house? 

Enjoy your day....Have a save enjoyable Holiday! 

Life is good! 
bvohl
on 12/22/10 10:36 pm
Beth,

I might be able to help for a bit....let me know!!

Beth V.

my cell is 215-917-3388
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/10 10:39 pm
Beth thank you so much for the offer...Tiffany said she will come up with me tonight and wrap gifts. You are awesome! 
Nicole0216
on 12/22/10 11:32 pm - Lancaster, PA
I am sure Kim would love you inviting random people to her house LOL 
(deactivated member)
on 12/22/10 11:35 pm
Oh Nicole, I am sure she would. HAHA!

Have a safe trip down to Jersey and Philly tonight! 
steffihope
on 12/22/10 10:03 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Awwwww Liz - I am sooo stinking excited for you and your new larger family!  I know you are going to love every moment of being a mom on Christmas....What a special time for you and Chris!

I am at school for the last of 2010....sooo ready for this break!  Yesterday was not AS crappy as the day before, but still not great...damned full moon....Had the meeting with the director from camp last night - I walked out totally pissed.....firstly Molly - I finally pinned him down and he said that she would be able to come back to camp but only for the two weeks that Larry is there if that is our choice.  He said things like the way she effected the other campers, how they were when the counselors had to give her more attention due to her obstinate ways....blah blah blah....whatever, at least he was finally honest about it and now I know what I have to do to plan for the summer.  As for me....now this is where I really got annoyed!  I had a feeling that there was not going to be a position in the same capcity for me this year as there was last year - and I was resigned to that - however, the position that I really wanted for the last four years I found out last night was open....and they considered another person for that position.  I was originally told that the reason I was not up for that position over the last several years was that I was only able to work for the first session and they wanted someone who could do the whole summer.  I stupidly accepted that reason.  Well, last night I find out that the person they are considering for the position is going to be doing it for first session.  I am still REALLY pissed.  He assured me it was NOT because of the job I did last summer, he was quite happy with the way I worked with the kids, blah blah , blah - and then he said that the reason they even created a position for me was that they wanted to help me financially to be able to send my kids to camp.  UGH!  I am still royally pissed at that - it is a position that is exactly what I do and he has seen me do it and acknowledges that I am good at it, however, this other person has, "a similar skill set" as me and is also a teacher...whatever - This too shall pass and I will have more time to get ready for my trip to Israel.

Anyway - today, I just received some gifts from some students, and one of them handed me a box of Russel Stover chocolates....SUGAR FREE!!!!!!  That has definitely helped me get through this - I know the kind of job I do and I know that I am damned good at it - I even received an email from a parent this morning asking if they could adopt me and said, "Can we adopt you? I understand, now, why you have so many students returning to see you and why they love you so much. I wish that more teachers had the values and fun that you put into educating our children."  Very sweet and something I needed to hear this morning!

After school, I am going to try to get to the pool.  My MIL is in the hospital down the shore, they are not sure if she had a stroke or something else that happened like this a few years ago where she had a loop of about 45 seconds - 2 minutes and then forgot what had happened.  We will know for sure later today.  Larry might need to head down the shore, then I would have to go home.  Then I am off for 10 glorious days!  

Hope all that are celebrating have an amazing and spiritual holiday season!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1894 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1990 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2677 views